My little man turned 3 today. It is amazing how quickly these years have gone by and how much I have learned. I had no idea that there were so many different kinds of fire trucks, for example. But now I know the difference between a brush rig and an aerial ladder truck. I didn't know how easy it would be to teach someone how to talk when they can hear. Apparently you do not even have to try to teach them. They pick up and repeat everything they hear, whether or not you want them to. I also didn't know that there were so many types of tractors in the world. I now know the difference between a skid steer and a combine harvester or a giant excavator and a backhoe loader. I used to just call them all tractors but not anymore. I didn't know that the most exciting part of going to the zoo could be watching the giraffe go to the bathroom. You really can learn so much from a little boy.
I love being with Maddox. I love the great things he says and the views he has on the world. I love his imagination and his smile. I love his attitude and his spunk, even when it manifests as a temper tantrum. He is a great guy.
Happy birthday to you, Maddox. We sure do love you!
4 comments:
I'm kinda freakin' out right now because I think you made that cake yourself. If you did, way to go! It's adorable and so is Maddox. Happy Birthday!
That really is quite the cake! And Maddox has quite the smile going on!
Too cute. Happy Birthday Maddox. Wish we could have celebrated with you!
Your children's happy faces show what a great mom you are!...so does that cake!
Mish - thanks for having us over for his birthday! That cake was amazing...
i am still trying to get the frosting out of Luke's clothes...haha!
Post a Comment