Stewart had to have a medical test done last week and we haven't gotten test results yet. He called the doctor's office around 12:30 but they were closed for lunch. I called at 4:00 and they were gone for the day. They receptionist said they'd call back tomorrow after they get in. (When's that, I thought? After 10:00 or something?)
Hmm.
I remembered I needed to schedule a follow-up appointment for Maddox to get a filling at the dentist. I called there. Closed for the day. Wait...tomorrow is Friday. Call back on Monday, please. They rattled off some hours to call and it sort of sounded like they would be working for 3 hours and 15 minutes a day....3.5 days a week. I'm no mathmetician, but that doesn't sound like very much working. I'm just sayin'.
Hmm.
Well, if you are looking for any of the lawyers I know, call the office between the hours of 6 am and 8 pm Monday through Saturday. You should have no trouble reaching them.
And if your husband/brother/cousin/son/boyfriend/fiancee/friend is considering a career in the law, refer to post title. Then send them to medical/dental school and start planning out the fun you will have on your long weekends. (I know, all of you dr. wives are thinking that your husbands do work really long hours and I'm sure that's the truth for some doctors but really, tell me the last time you saw a lawyer home by 5:00. Was it Christmas?)
Blah.
4 comments:
bleh. I have a friend who worked in finance in NYC and he worked from 7 am until 11 pm almost every day. its no fair that dentists get to make their own schedules and still make so much money off us poor suckers.
=)
lol...come on don't hate on dentists! They have to kill themselves and get gray hair while in school. Ok, maybe not dentists, but Definitely orthodontists. Lyle wouldn't get so many gray hairs if he was just trying to be a dentist. But trust, I would make the money as a dentist/oral hygienist if I could...I just don't have the stomach for it. Let me dissect a dead body instead, and I'm game!
I know it's a late comment, but I just saw your post! How True! Just a little FYI...military lawyers are the same. Oh, and they get to be deployed. Fabulous! I always tell people that Darin is the type of lawyer you want to hire, not be married to.
I am already telling my boys to be dentists. The things we wives go through.:)
Post a Comment