Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why Walking May be Hazardous to your Health

I will not be walking for the next two weeks.

Because
apparently
I
am
not
good
at
it.
After two weeks pass and I get approval, I will be able to walk again with these:



and this:


So...

if your foot looks like this (small bump is ankle, large bump is....not supposed to be there):

you may have broken some bones, torn a ligament and sprained it.


And then you, too, will understand why walking may be hazardous to your health. And if that does happen, you may join me on my couch with a good book, a mug of water, an ice pack, a pile of pillows, a propped up foot, and an irritated expression on your face. I will spend the next two weeks in the aforementioned pose throwing myself one massive pity party. 'Cause really, if you are 30 weeks pregnant, about to kick off one hot August, you have three active children and a husband about to go out of town, what else is there really to do? Come party with me, y'all.

p.s. fat pregnant lady + crutches + stylish walking boot = hot!

7 comments:

Kiersten said...

I'm so sorry, Misha!! I hope it heals quickly!!

tollestrupfamily said...

Serious bummer! I have a dislocated toe that needs surgery and I thought that was bad. I will stop my own pity party right now and feel bad for you! At least this will give you a 2 week chance to rest and relax! Get some movies and some good books! Maybe you should start up a soap opera habit since that is all that is on during the day!

Hugs from mom said...

Oh No! How did that happen? Too bad it didn't happen after school started right? I feel your pain. How good are your kids at self entertainment?

Krystyna said...

Okay seriously I will come up there and we can hang out and sit at computers and online shop together or something haha. Love you, sis :)

Melanie said...

NOOOOOOOO!

And #2: you're not fat

And #3: you were supposed to take it easy anyway to keep the baby in, right?

And: NOOOOO!!!! I'm soooo sorry this happened to you!

Likely said...

AHHH!!!! this is awful.

If I was there I would come over and hang and be fat with you. (not that you are fat).

I remember a really embarrassing post I wrote once and never posted about falling when I was pregnant. I think I will go to my blog and post it for you. Well... maybe I won't .. I will go and re-read it now though.

Wanderingfamilies said...

That is SO not fun! Trust me, I know (I shattered my ankle at 36 weeks pregnant with my first, but 12 screws and 1 plate later, good as new)...oh, and apparently this happens a lot to prego women...who knew?! Beautiful family, by the way!